Topic: Help

Hi,

Trying to update my site and having struggles, Steve are you around to help me troubleshoot please?
Just wanted to check before I get in too deep.
Much thanks.

Nancy

Re: Help

Can't seem to include screen shots here.

Hi. I'll certainly try to help you troubleshoot your problems if I can (but I'm not always at my computer and can't guarantee that I'll be able to reply to your posts immediately).
Unfortunately, the forum does not currently allow attachments so you'll not be able to upload screenshots here but you can upload them to your own website (or a file sharing service such as Dropbox) and provide links.
Also, if you let me know the nature of your problem, I should hopefully be able to help.
In the meantime, please check out the FAQs in case any of them describe your problems and offer suggestions of help.
Thanks.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Hi Steve,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I am using Lightroom and then opening the file in SV then taking the code and placing it into my site and it's not working.

It's not showing in the SVbuilder save preview for starters. Just one rectangle showing.

N

This is the code"

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "900", "600", "FFFFFF", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

I am using Lightroom and then opening the file in SV then taking the code and placing it into my site and it's not working.

What do you see (or not see) when you say that "it's not working."? (A screenshot would be useful so that I can see what you are seeing.)

If you see just a blank area where your gallery should be, then please check out this FAQ:
When I view my gallery online, I see a blank area. Why?

Other than the issues mentioned in the FAQ, the next most likely cause is an incorrect path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file. Please check that the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file in your gallery's embedding code is correct (and points towards the 'simpleviewer.js' file in your gallery's 'svcore' folder).

If I could see your gallery's web page live on your web server, then I might be able to determine the exact cause of the problem and propose a solution.

It's not showing in the SVbuilder save preview for starters. Just one rectangle showing.

It sounds like you might be running into the problem whereby you are unable to view SimpleViewer Flash galleries locally due to a security restriction change in Adobe Flash Player v23.
Please see this forum post for more information and a solution (add your gallery folder to the list of trusted locations in your Flash Player Settings Manager).

To avoid having to add multiple different gallery folders to the list of trusted locations, it might be easier to just add your entire hard drive to the list (so that all SimpleViewer-Pro galleries on your hard drive can be viewed locally).

Please try the following:

(1) Open this web page in your browser: https://www.macromedia.com/support/docu … ger04.html
(2) Click the down arrow next to 'Edit locations...' (note that the settings panel shown in the web page is an active control panel rather than just an image)
(3) In the drop-down menu, select 'Add location...'
(4) In the 'Trust this location:' input box, type in C:\ (change the drive letter as appropriate if your computer's hard drive is not labelled as the C:\ drive)
(5) Click the 'Confirm' button

Please note that this applies only to viewing galleries locally (from your computer's hard drive).
There is no such problem once the gallery has been uploaded to a web server.

Steven Speirs

Hi,
Thank you for all of this, I will work on everything you have suggested then, reply further.
This may take me a bit.
Thank you so much!
N

Hi,

I have gotten this far:

http://hortonphoto.com/madwomen1.html

And this is what should be included on the page:

www.hortonphoto.com/madwomen1

Look forward to your feedback, much thanks,

N

Now I have gotten to this

http://hortonphoto.com/madwomen1/madwomen1.html

You seem to have uploaded a complete SimpleViewer v2.3.0 gallery folder ('Mad_Women') to the root directory of your website so, if this is the gallery that you are trying to embed in your web page, you can just use a baseURL in your gallery's embedding code to point towards the gallery folder.
Please see the baseURL documentation here.

Use the following embedding code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Mad_Women/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.baseURL = "/Mad_Women/";
        simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "900", "600", "FFFFFF", true, flashvars);
    });
</script>

The leading slashes in the paths above denote your root directory so you can use this embedding code (to embed your 'Mad_Women' gallery) in any page throughout your web site without modification.

You'll not be able to embed your 'madwomen1' gallery like this, though, as it is a SimpleViewer v1.8.5 gallery which cannot be embedded using SimpleViewer v2 embedding code. (v1 and v2 galleries use different formats for their XML files: SimpleViewer v2 was written from the ground up rather than just being a progression of SimpleViewer v1.)
Convert (or recreate if you have to) the gallery with svBuilder-Pro, upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server and use the baseURL method of embedding.

Incidentally, I notice that your 'Mad_Women' gallery is a SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.0 gallery.
As you are in the process of upgrading your galleries, you might like to use the most recent version (v2.3.2).
Instructions for downloading the current version can be found on the Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro support page.

Steven Speirs

Hi,

I am a bit confused by this.

the Mad_Women is the old collection I am trying to update with two page madwomen1 example that I showed.

When I try to update to madwomen1 it is jumbled.

Not sure what you are saying here?

I tried what you said here and it put the old grouping in, that is the grouping Im trying to update/change.  It also makes the thumbnails all appear on one page, instead of as thumbnails on the side/left and larger image on right.

www.hortonphoto.com/madwomen1/madwomen1.html

So what you have suggested is not addressing the actual issue I have, this is what I'm trying to do:

www.hortonphoto.com/madwomen1   See how this is two pages, images on the left etc?

My previous attempt at least had all the image holder there with some error.

Thanks for helping looking forward to figuring this out.

I am using Lightroom...

I think this is the root of the problem.
I seem to remember that, many years ago, Lightroom came bundled with a web engine which created SimpleViewer-Standard v1.8.5 galleries.
It sounds like you might be using this to create your galleries.

SimpleViewer v1.8.5 is over 9 years old now (released in April 2008) and SimpleViewer was rewritten from the ground up for v2 back in 2009.
v1 and v2 galleries are essentially incompatible with each other. It is not possible to embed a v1 gallery with v2 embedding code or vice versa.

SimpleViewer v1 was essentially just a single SWF file embedded directly into a web page using SWFObject.
SimpleViewer v2 (since v2.1.0) supports Universal Playback (the ability to display gallery images in browsers which do not support Adobe Flash Player) which requires a collection of resource files and, consequently, different embedding code. Also, v1 and v2 galleries also have different formats for their respective XML configuration files.

It looks like you are currently trying to embed a v1.8.5 gallery ('madwomen1') using v2 embedding code and this simply won't work.

Also, Lightroom itself has not been able to create Flash galleries of any kind for over 2 years now. Adobe removed Flash gallery support from Lightroom CC2015/Lightroom 6. Please see the note at the top of this Adobe support page.

I would strongly recommend that you create SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.2 galleries using svBuilder-Pro v2.3.2 (instead of using the outdated SimpleViewer web engine for Lightroom). Please see the Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro support page for details on how to download the most recent version (v2.3.2).
This should greatly simplify things and your galleries will benefit from having the Mobile Player for non-Flash-enabled devices.

Alternatively, if you are using a version of Lightroom prior to Lightroom CC2015/Lightroom 6 which still supports the creation of Flash galleries, then you can use TTG SimpleViewer to create SimpleViewer v2.3.0 galleries. This is an updated SimpleViewer web engine for Lightroom (no longer supported but more recent than the version that was previously bundled with Lightroom) which creates SimpleViewer v2.3.0 galleries. It can be downloaded from this web page (check the 'Download' section for the direct download link). Instructions for upgrading the web engine from SimpleViewer-Standard (which it comes bundled with) to SimpleViewer-Pro can be found here.

Once you have created a gallery with svBuilder-Pro (or TTG SimpleViewer), all you need to do to embed it in a web page is upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server and paste the baseURL embedding code into your web page where you want the gallery to be displayed. It does not matter where on your web server you upload your gallery folder to as long as the two paths in the embedding code (the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file and the baseURL itself, pointing towards the gallery folder) are correct.
For convenience, I would recommend that you upload all your gallery folders to your root directory (just make sure that each gallery folder has a unique name).
For reference, the baseURL method of embedding is documented here.

To summarize:
(1) Create your gallery with svBuilder-Pro v2.3.2 or TTG SimpleViewer (as long as your version of Lightroom still supports Flash galleries).
(2) Upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your root directory.
(3) Embed the gallery into a web page using the following embedding code (changing the gallery folder name, gallery dimensions, and background color if necessary).

<script type="text/javascript" src="/gallery_folder_name/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.baseURL = "/gallery_folder_name/";
        simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "900", "600", "FFFFFF", true, flashvars);
    });
</script>

I hope this helps to clarify things.

It also makes the thumbnails all appear on one page, instead of as thumbnails on the side/left and larger image on right.

When I view your '/madwomen1/madwomen1.html' gallery in my own browser, I see the thumbnails to the left of the main image.
If you are seeing a grid of thumbnails, then there is likely a problem viewing Flash content in your browser and your gallery is being displayed by the Mobile Player. Please see this FAQ:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?

Please also see this forum post for more information on the subject.

Steven Speirs

Good Morning Steve,
Thanks for sticking with me, a bit of progress.
Was able to upgrade Lightroom, and got this:

file:///Users/nancygracehorton/WEB2012/madwomen1/madwomen1.html

So now attempting to upgrade my builder which is 2.3.0 for the 2.3.2
When I go to the upgrade it wants me to find an email from Felix, which apparently I
do not have, so then I have to fill out a form, with further info I do not have, when I purchased this?
And it says it could take 3 days to get the link?

Yikes, I sent Felix an email, any chance you can get me the upgrade link please?
Perhaps you can see my actual e-mail, that is what I would have used.

Making some progress.

Thank you so very much, just want to figure this out!
N

Hi Steve,

I did get a link to upgrade, and now I have deleted my old version, deleted my trash, and now this one will not work, now I do not even have an sv program.

What do I do now?  I contact the person this morning via the email sent to Felix, but no one is responding?

Please help!

N

Any chance you can help me further, I've been working on this for two days and now I do not even have the program any longer!

Help!!

Thank you.

Was able to upgrade Lightroom,

I hope you mean that you have upgraded the SimpleViewer web engine rather than Lightroom itself. If you have upgraded Lightroom to Lightroom CC2015/Lightroom 6, then you will no longer be able to create Flash galleries (see my post above for details).

...and got this:

file:///Users/nancygracehorton/WEB2012/madwomen1/madwomen1.html

That's a local file on your own computer to which I have no access so, unfortunately, I can't see what you are referring to. Hopefully it's a step in the right direction, though.

Yikes, I sent Felix an email, any chance you can get me the upgrade link please?

I found your SimpleViewer-Pro transaction details and sent you a new link.

I did get a link to upgrade, and now I have deleted my old version, deleted my trash, and now this one will not work, now I do not even have an sv program.

It might help if you could describe to me what the problem is: whether you are having trouble installing svBuilder-Pro or running the application (and what, if any, error messages you encounter along the way). Please let me know in case the extra information helps me to troubleshoot your problem.
In the meantime, try completely uninstalling your current svBuilder-Pro (presumably v2.3.0) before installing the latest version (v2.3.2). This should hopefully solve whatever problem you are having.

Judging by the 'file:///Users/' path you posted, you're using a Mac, so please try the following:

(1) Delete the 'svBuilder-Pro' file from the Applications folder and empty your Trash.
(2) Also, please manually delete the following folder from your computer (if it still exists): /Users/nancygracehorton/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/svBuilder-Pro
(3) I would also recommend that you search your hard drive for the term 'svBuilder-Pro' and delete whatever is returned in the search results relating to the application (to ensure that nothing remains from the previous installation).
(4) Now install svBuilder-Pro v2.3.2 following the instructions here.

If you have any further problems installing svBuilder-Pro, there are installation troubleshooting tips here.

... now I do not even have an sv program.

Although you are currently facing problems with svBuilder-Pro, are you no longer able to create galleries with Lightroom (using TTG SimpleViewer as I suggested earlier)?

Any chance you can help me further, I've been working on this for two days and now I do not even have the program any longer!

I'm doing my best to help you out but please be aware that 'm not always on hand to respond to support queries immediately. Even if I'm unable to give you an instant reply, let me reassure that that I will reply so whatever problems you are facing, please persevere until I'm able to get back to you.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs