1 (edited by zarzash 2017-06-17 13:43:00)

Topic: Locally openning albums problem [SOLVED]

Hello,

I used to prepare SimpleViewer (and PostCardViewer) albums on my PC, locally opening them to fix the layouts.
This operation works fine on Windows XP, however on W10 and W7,SimpleViewer (and PostCardViewer) seem not to find the gallery XML files.

The symptoms are the white loading bar in SimpleViewer (and the "Gallery XML not found" message in PostCardViewer)

I am not using the default gallery file names. My code looks like:

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>    
    <script type="text/javascript">
            var flashvars = {};
            flashvars.galleryURL = "album-config.xml";
            var params = {};            
            params.allowfullscreen = true;
            params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
            params.bgcolor = "000000";
            swfobject.embedSWF("album-viewer.swf", "flashcontent", "100%", "100%", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
    </script>    

And for PostCardViewer I use

fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "cards-config.xml");

I also checked that I can locally open the gallery xml file with the copy pasted names I have in the above code and they display OK.
If I upload the files on a web server, then all works fine.
I have this issue with both FireFox and IE.

I feel that this may be a security parameter of FireFox, IE, flash or javascript on W10 and W7.
But I dont find what is it exactly.

Would you know where the problem may come from?

Many thanks for your help.

PS: JuiceBox album does not have the same problem when opened locally

Re: Locally openning albums problem [SOLVED]

It sounds like you might be running into the problem whereby you are unable to view Flash galleries locally due to a security restriction change in Adobe Flash Player v23.
Please see this forum post for more information and a solution (add your gallery folder to the list of trusted locations in your Flash Player Settings Manager).

To avoid having to add multiple different gallery folders to the list of trusted locations, it might be easier to just add your entire hard drive to the list (so that all Flash galleries on your hard drive can be viewed locally).

Please try the following:

(1) Open this web page in your browser: https://www.macromedia.com/support/docu … ger04.html
(2) Click the down arrow next to 'Edit locations...' (note that the settings panel shown in the web page is an active control panel rather than just an image)
(3) In the drop-down menu, select 'Add location...'
(4) In the 'Trust this location:' input box, type in C:\ (change the drive letter as appropriate if your computer's hard drive is not labelled as the C:\ drive)
(5) Click the 'Confirm' button

As you have discovered, this applies only to viewing galleries locally (from your computer's hard drive).
There is no such problem once the galleries have been uploaded to a web server.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Hi Steven,

thanks for your quick and precise answer.

I confirm that changing the Flash setting as suggested fixes the problem.

Have a nice weekend.

That's great!
Thank you for letting me know.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team