Re: How do I embed simpleviewer galleries into HTML?

Ok, i loaded them up on the server, and had to make some more modifications, but i finally got it working.

I have the solutions for those that still need some help. PM me, or email me and i will email my code.

Ciao`

AG

Yea, if you are testing it locally, you need to re-run the buildgallery script or whatever you used to generate it originally on the server side. This will re-create the thumbnail and put the correct path in the XML file.

[url]http://www.photographybykevin.net[/url]

Simple Viewer FAQ By Kevin
[url]http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/photography-by-kevin/simpleviewer-flash-photo-gallery/[/url]

Got one more question, i am using the buildgallery.php to generate the thumbs. Any idea how to change the background color? I have modified it in both the XML files, and the buildgallery.php file, and they are still not changing colors.

Ciao`

AG

here ya go

FAQ 18. How do I set the background color?

Edit index.html. Enter the hex color value as the last parameter in the SWFObject code line:

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer",
"100%", "100%", "7", "#ff00ff");

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I also have a page with 8 images on it with a discription bellow it. Example: Children, Wedding, Senior's and so on.
When i click on one of the images, it will open up the html file called gallery1.html, each image has a html file like gallery2.html and so on. This is the above file i was talking about here.

I would like it when i click on the image to open up gallery1.html for simpleviewer to open up within that page.

Well, i think i am making this clear as to what some of us here are looking for.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

AG

I sooo understand you.  I have a MAIN GALLERY page and I want it to open up in 4 seperate html pages.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.

BUMP....

When i click on one of the images, it will open up the html file called gallery1.html, each image has a html file like gallery2.html and so on.

Hi,

Basically you need to create some images on a HTML page and add hyperlinks to them. This is fairly basic HTML stuff, and is beyond the scope of this forum. I reccomend reading some HTML tutorials in order to figure this out.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

hi there, I like others here am having difficulties enbedding my sv gallery into my existing html page.  All I really want is for my menu and logo to remain on the page when the simple viewer gallery is clicked... But a new window always opens without my logo or menu.  I bought the pro version after trying the free version, but was surprised that no one had provided instructions (that actually work) on the sv site or on this forum.. Please help!!
FAQ 11 doens't work for me.

oo7,
see if this post helps you

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … php?t=1382

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Richard thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I am struggling with the step that the person in that post already figured out (how to embed the gallery into an existing web page) not how to have multiple menu/gallery links on the same page.
Whenever I try to embed the gallery, the link
"SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash.Get Macromedia Flash. If you have Flash installed, click to view gallery"
appears in my html page with no problems, nut once it is clicked it opens a new page with just the sv gallery, my logo and menu are no longer there.  I have looked at the html embed examples provided in the pro package, but am unable to replicate this embedding on my own site. :(

any other suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks again.