I have just fingered out a trick.
I am exporting galeries from Aperture. I have installed SV Pro and done the housekeeping suggested (ie replace the SWF file in th Aperture resources etc). This did not work and the gallery I exported still had a viewer.swf file included which svBuilder could not open.
So my fix was this:
1) export gallery as normal from Aperture
2) open newly exported gallery
3) change the "viewer.swf" file name to "SimpleViewer.swf" being careful to ensure that you add the caps in the right places so that the file gets recognised.
4) open svBuilder and then selected the gallery folder you have created with the modified file name. Bingo.
5) edit your slideshow like a maniac
6) in svBuilder under the "embed options" tag, hit "get embed code".
I am at this point, but I am hoping that I can now paste into Rapidweaver as instructed....