Topic: imageurl from a remote website problem


First: a big bravo for this wonderfull application!

I tried to use it with an xml file, where imageurls are urls on picasa albums website.
It works great locally, but
when I deploy it on my webserver, image are not loaded.
Grey empty squares are coming, the number is correct (relative to my xml gallery file), but squares are disappeared after some seconds.

I think about a security problem and I try to play with a crossdomains.xml file.
But It doesn't work.

I've coded another movie loading the same pictures successfully.
I use a MovieClipLoader object for that. And I didn't have to care with security constraints.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

Re: imageurl from a remote website problem

To give more infos:
When I launched from my website (under Firefox) I have a popup saying :

SecurityError: Error #2123: Security sandbox violation: Loader.content: .../TiltViewer.swf cannot access
No policy files granted access.

    at flash.display::Loader/get content()
    at Image/onImageLoaded()

If it can help.


Re: imageurl from a remote website problem

After investigation the bug is on the google side.
The crossdomain.xml is not completely deployed on their side.
They have an open issue for this topic, on their google gdata API.

Issue 406: "Add crossdomain.xml for Google Accounts"

Check on code google com and in gdata-issues

If you have a google account, you can vote for it!