Topic: SV ver2 and Wysiwyg ver10

Hi all new to the Forum, I was wondering if anyone uses WYSIWYG for web building. I am no IT guy by no means I have set up web sites for my sons BB team for several years so that parents could pull pictures off of the site. I have used Dreamweaver cs4 in the past but switched to wysiwyg this year, but Im not for sure how to import my slides into the web builder. Has anyone done this and if so could you explain in lay-mens terms to a dummy on how to do it. I tried copying the embed code then pasting into a html that i dragged onto a page but it does not seem to work when I test the page?

Any help would greatly be appreciated
Below is a link to the web building software I'm using, for those who are not familiar

http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

Re: SV ver2 and Wysiwyg ver10

I would recommend that you embed your gallery using the baseURL method of embedding as documented here. This method of embedding allows you to keep the gallery files inside the gallery folder and you would upload the entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server. Also, it does not matter where on your web server you upload your gallery folder to as long as the paths within the embedding code (the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file and the baseURL itself, pointing towards the gallery folder) are correct.

As an example, if you have a gallery folder named 'my_gallery_folder' and you upload the entire gallery folder to your web site's root directory, then you would be able to use the following embedding code. (This code could be used in any page throughout your web site without modification. The leading slashes in the paths denote your root directory.)

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="/my_gallery_folder/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.baseURL = '/my_gallery_folder/';
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '600px', '222222', true, flashvars);
    });
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

With regard to actually inserting the embedding code into your WYSIWYG 10 web page, use 'Menu -> Insert -> HTML' as documented here: http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/add_html.html

If you continue to experience difficulties, then please post back with the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team