Topic: Needs major improvement

Good day,

Firstly, well done on putting this script together!

Having said that, there are a few things that remain problematic and make me regret spending money.

1) Keyboard controls are glitchy. Spacebar and Arrow Keys don't always start working until you finally click on an image.

2) I use TiltViewer for my art portfolio, which means I want to display the images so that they fill up the screen. This means I have to set the "MaxJPGSize" pretty high. That results in the previous and next image being too far apart.

a) You need a way to actually regulate margin size between images instead of trying to do this weird balance between "MaxJPGSize" and "ZoomInDistance."

b) You need to add optional clickable arrows in Zoomed In View, like you already have in Zoomed Out View. It really should be quite easy to add them. This would really help when the images on either side are too far apart and outside the clicking distance.

3) You should add an option for thumbnails, so that when you begin in Zoomed Out mode, thumbnails can load first, and then the actual images can load in the background. As you click in Zoomed Out view, the thumbnail could then instantly disappear, revealing the loaded (or unloaded) actual image underneath it. Flash supports layers, doesn't it?

As is, large sized images take a while to load, creating an unprofessional look for the client.

Thank you for reading my feedback.

Regards.

Re: Needs major improvement

Another idea regarding navigation:

Clicking anywhere, even on empty space, to the right of the image, should cause you to view the next image. Clicking anywhere to the left of the image should cause you to view the previous image.

Clicking on the image itself would then retain its current attribute of zooming in and out of the gallery.

Re: Needs major improvement

Thank you for your interest in TiltViewer and for your suggestions.
I do not know if they will be implemented in a future version of TiltViewer (I am not the author) but I appreciate you taking the time to document your ideas.

Edit:
A couple of notes on your points above (which may or may not help)...

Spacebar and Arrow Keys don't always start working until you finally click on an image.

Keyboard controls should work consistently once the user has clicked somewhere within the gallery to give it focus.

... I want to display the images so that they fill up the screen.

Setting maxJPGSize correctly (to the largest dimension of the largest image in your gallery) should take care of the spacing between the images.
You should then be able to adjust the visual size of the images in the gallery via the zoomedInDistance and zoomedOutDistance configuration options.
Reducing the zoomedInDistance should increase the zoomed-in size (without the need to increase the actual resolution of your image and reset the maxJPGSize accordingly).

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team