1. Will I essentially be creating a WordPress format website?
Showkase is not a blog-style creation tool and, as such, creates only pages rather than posts.
Check out the demo sites created with Showkase here to see what Showkase can do.
2. Do I customize the website using the Showkase desktop application or some web-based interface, like when using WordPress?
Showkase runs on your web server via a browser interface (like WordPress). It is not a desktop application.
3. Is it possible to modify the fonts that are displayed?
Yes. Check out the Live Demo Admin. Go to 'Site -> Customize Theme' and you will see a 'Fonts' section where you can change the 'Headings font', the 'Body font' and the 'Base font size (px)'.
Also, for further font customization, please see the Adding Custom Styles and Fonts support section.
4. Is there a way to have a single showcased image instead of a slideshow of sliding images?
Yes. You can create a Basic page and just include a single image via the editor and image library.
Otherwise, you can create a single-image ListViewer gallery like the Sarah Lee demo homepage.
5. Is there a way to have a single image that expands to fill the entire left and right edges of the page, and then scales according to window-size?
The site width and margins apply equally to all pages but you should probably be able to do this with some custom CSS.
6. Is there a way to have drop-down hierarchical menus from the top navigation area, with at least two sub-level-menus?
No. The Kosel theme supports only two menu levels (a top level and a single sub-level).
SimpleViewer Support Team