Topic: Make image into a link

Is there any way to make a whole slide be a link (I'm not using captions)? Specifically, I want the user to be able click anywhere on a slide that contains a (embedded and already-positioned) text instruction -- i.e., "Click to go to..." or "Click to send email..." (one instruction per slide)?

Last edited by scorendesign (2016-02-17 19:25:03)

Re: Make image into a link

If you set imageClickMode="OPEN_URL" (in svBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Main Image' section), then when a main image is clicked, the corresponding linkURL will be opened (in a tab specified via linkTarget).
The linkURL and linkTarget for each image can be entered on svBuilder-Pro's 'Images' tab.
If an image's linkURL is not specified, then SimpleViewer will open the imageURL instead.

If you want text (such as "Click to go to...") to be overlaid on top of an image, then use the text as a caption and set captionPosition="OVERLAY_TOP" or captionPosition="OVERLAY_BOTTOM" ('Customize -> Caption').

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Thanks. But I'm using "Image Click Mode" to "Navigate." Plus, I only want a link on one page (or two), and it needs to be centered, vertically and horizontally. Any other options?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have imageClickMode be NAVIGATE and OPEN_URL at the same time and SimpleViewer uses the same value of imageClickMode for all images in the gallery.

It sounds like what you are trying to do might be very difficult to achieve (if possible at all).

Perhaps a possible workaround would be to use captions for certain images and have the captions be links to your custom pages by using HTML formatting as noted in this FAQ:
How do I add HTML formatting to my captions?

... it needs to be centered, vertically and horizontally.

If you need to place image captions in a location not supported by the captionPosition configuration option, then you might like to try using a Fixed Layout. You can specify the exact dimensions of the gallery and the position of the captions in pixel values (relative to the top-left of the stage).

For reference, all the Fixed Layout configuration options can be found here.
Please also see the Fixed Layout note in the SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide here.

Steven Speirs

Hey thanks for the clarifications. Probably makes better sense for me to slightly redesign the slide so I can use the link in the caption within the normal parameters of svBuilder.

You're welcome.
It might not be exactly what you wanted to do initially but working with the available configuration options to use caption links might be a suitable alternative (and it would certainly be much easier than trying to change SimpleViewer's core functionality of design a Fixed Layout).

Steven Speirs