Topic: gallery.xml - Incomplete Transfer [SOLVED]

I am using FileZilla to transfer my slide show to my FTP site.  I often (about 50% of the time) discover that only a portion of the gallery.xml file had been transferred resulting in a

Re: gallery.xml - Incomplete Transfer [SOLVED]

This sounds like a possible problem with your web hosting account.
There is nothing special about a SimpleViewer gallery's XML file. It (like all XML files) is basically just a text file with a .xml file extension.
Also, I have been using Filezilla personally since long before v3 was released (2007-09-08) without ever seeing an XML file transfer fail. Filezilla is kept up to date with the latest version (v3.15.0.2) having been released on 10 February 2016.
If you are not already using v3.15.0.2, then you might like to try updating the application. It can be downloaded from here.

Other things to check/try:

(1) Make sure that your Transfer Type in Filezilla is set to Auto and that XML file types are treated as ASCII.
You can check both of these thing in the 'Edit -> Settings... -> Transfers -> File Types'.

(2) Try reducing the 'Maximum simultaneous transfers' to 1 in  'Edit -> Settings... -> Transfers'.
Some web servers may not allow multiple simultaneous transfers.

(3) Contact your web host's support to see if there are any special settings that you should use for Filezilla (or any other FTP client programs).

(4) Try uploading the file using your online file manager (through a web browser interface via your web hosting account's Control Panel).

I hope that one of these suggestions helps.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Thanks very much Steve.  I tried your 1 & 2 suggestions, changing both values, and so far so good.  I think you've got it ... Steve

Thanks very much Steve.

You're welcome!

I tried your 1 & 2 suggestions, changing both values, and so far so good.  I think you've got it

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team