Topic: cant add more than ~250 images at once - error

when adding to a pro 2.3.2 more than 250 pictures at once, the error show up, program stop working and the window says find out a sollution or to close the program.

There is no problem to add 200 pics and then next 200 pics.. but 400 pics at once is impossible.

i use win 7/64

Last edited by semimatt (2016-07-19 14:32:24)

Re: cant add more than ~250 images at once - error

If you are trying to add many images at once, Adobe AIR (the platform on which svBuilder-Pro runs) may not be able to allocate enough memory for the task at hand. Even if your computer has plenty of free RAM, Adobe AIR applications are limited to around 1GB of memory allocation. The workaround, as you have discovered, is to add your images in smaller batches.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Ok.,  I'll try to add smaller images to check this. My images are preparet previously to add to the program with about 300-500 kB weigh (1000x1500px), so 400 pictures (without resizing option) at once is 160MBytes.  Is it possible the program use ~860MB itself? I'm only intrested is it common to other users bcause it's veird.

Also if you can make it  possible to set other resolution as  default  at start. Would be great not to typing each time 1000x1500px for example instead of existing  1024 as I remember.

Albo i wish to ad ass a preset or possibility to set  default option for showing image name at gallery.

Those 2 things i need to make each time i make gallery

Remember about me during your next update ;)

My images are preparet previously to add to the program with about 300-500 kB weigh (1000x1500px), so 400 pictures (without resizing option) at once is 160MBytes.

I expect svBuilder-Pro will need to decompress the images on-the-fly before being able to resize them so a single 400KB JPEG image (1000px x 1500px) might occupy something like 10MB of RAM.

Also if you can make it  possible to set other resolution as  default  at start. Would be great not to typing each time 1000x1500px for example instead of existing  1024 as I remember.

Albo i wish to ad ass a preset or possibility to set  default option for showing image name at gallery.

Please feel free to post your suggestions in the Feature Requests forum thread.
This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they are not overlooked by the developers.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team