Topic: Simpleviewer Embed Problem

Hello,

I recently bought and installed SimpleViewer Pro 2. I created a gallery using svBuilder-Pro, saved it and moved all files of the SimpleViewer folder to the folder where my index.html is located (the gallery is supposed to be shown on my index.html page). I copied the Embed Code from svBuilder-Pro into said index.html-file and tried to launch it. When displaying the website locally in my browsers (Firefox, Chrome), the player is in the right position, however, the features are not matching those, that I selected and exported from svBuilder-Pro: for exaple thumbs are showing, auto-play is not working, even though it is enabled in the .xml-file.

I can't seem to figure out the problem and I am beginning to regret having bought SimpleViewer Pro 2 in the first place. Is there a fix to the issues I am experiencing? I did exactly what was written in the Embedding Guide, however, the player just seems to ignore the configurations that I selected in svBuilder-Pro. Is it possible to get a refund if I won't be able to fix these issues?

Best regards,

André

Re: Simpleviewer Embed Problem

... the features are not matching those, that I selected and exported from svBuilder-Pro...

It sounds like you might be seeing the Mobile Player (rather than the Flash Player) version of your gallery. (The Mobile Player supports fewer configuration options than the Flash Player.)
Please see the following FAQs:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

(1) Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled in your browser.
You can check this (and install Adobe Flash Player if necessary) by visiting this web page in your browser: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

(2) Make sure that you have selected the 'Use Flash' checkbox in svBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Embed Options' section) so that the gallery uses the Flash Player (instead of the Mobile Player) if Adobe Flash Player is available in the browser.
(svBuilder-Pro always displays the Flash Player in the live preview window regardless of the state of the 'Use Flash' checkbox.)

(3) Make sure that your gallery is using SimpleViewer-Pro (rather than SimpleViewer-Standard, the free version).
If your gallery is using SimpleViewer-Standard, then your Pro configuration options will not be used.
Check to see if your gallery has a SimpleViewer logo in the lower right corner. If it does, then your gallery is Standard. All Standard galleries feature this logo but Pro galleries do not have any branding.
If your gallery is Standard, then you can quickly and easily convert it to Pro by swapping its 'svcore' folder with the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro download zip package ('simpleviewer_pro_2.3.2/web/svcore/').

Is it possible to get a refund if I won't be able to fix these issues?

Yes. This would not be a problem but I'm certainly happy to help you out if I can.

If my suggestions above do not help, then please post back with a link to your gallery so that I can see the problem for myself and hopefully help further.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed and I am using "Use Flash" in svBuilder-Pro. I am also a 100% sure that I am using the Pro-Version of SimpleViewer and not the Standard-Version.

For privacy reasons I would prefer not to post a link to my website here.

How would I go about contacting you regarding a refund? I am happy to go back to other of your services, but SimpleViewer doesn't seem to work for me.

Best regards,

André

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team