Topic: svBuilder issue

Hi from Paris,
I cannot create new galleries anymore with svbuilder Pro (v2.3.2), but I can open existing galleries. Nothing happens when clicking on the

Re: svBuilder issue

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with svBuilder-Pro.
Hopefully the procedure below will get your svBuilder-Pro back up and running again.
Please try the following:

(1) Uninstall svBuilder-Pro.
Mac: Delete the 'svBuilder-Pro' file from the Applications folder and empty your Trash.
Windows: Use the uninstaller in the 'Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program...' list.

(2) Manually delete the following folders from your hard drive (if they exist).
Mac: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\My Documents\svBuilder-Pro
You may need to show hidden files to find some of the above locations in Windows File Explorer.

(3) Search your hard drive for the term 'svBuilder-Pro' and delete all entries found (to be sure that nothing remains from the uninstall).

(4) Follow the procedure above (Steps #1 - #3) for svBuilder (the free version), too.
svBuilder and svBuilder-Pro can both be installed and run side by side on the same computer but, being that you are experiencing problems, it might be wise to completely clear your system of all svBuilder files before reinstalling svBuilder-Pro.

(5) Reinstall svBuilder-Pro following the instructions here.

Hopefully this will help.

Just closing svBuilder-Pro (rather than uninstalling it) and then manually deleting the 'ELS' folder (Step #2) might be enough to solve your problem so you might like to try this before following the full procedure above.
However, if this does not work for you, then following all the steps above should solve your problem.

Also, please make sure that you are using the latest version of Adobe AIR.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Hi Steven,
Thanks for your reply.
I have uninstalled the program, and deleted all entries on the HDD. After installing again, same problem : I can't create a new gallery.
On my other PC (same OS, same AIR version, same svBuider-Pro version), no problem ...
Does svBuilder create an entry in the registry ?
Mike

There will be registry entries relating to svBuilder paths and the installer but I don't think there's anything set in the registry that would cause the problem you are describing (although I could be wrong about this).

If you've not yet tried it, you should be able to start a new gallery by going to 'Gallery -> New' from the drop-down menu at the top. This should at least tell us whether the problem is with the 'New Gallery' button or the 'new gallery' functionality itself.

Out of interest, what operating system are you using on your PCs?
Do both your PCs have svBulder-Pro installed under an administrator user account?
Is User Account Control turned on or off on both your PCs?

You might like to try creating a new administrator user account and then installing svBuilder-Pro under the new account to see if it works there.

Also, if you have any third-party security software installed, try temporarily disabling it to see if this is somehow preventing your 'New Gallery' button from functioning.

I'm really not sure what might be causing your problem so I'm just thinking out loud with things I would try myself.

I hope that one of my suggestions points you in the right direction.

Steven Speirs

Using "Gallery->New" doesn't change anything.
Both PCs use Windows 7 SP1
Both PCs have svBulder-Pro installed under an administrator user account
User Account Control is turned on both PCs.
Avast has been desactivated.
The only difference I know is that the latest version of AIR has been installed a few days ago on the PC showing the svBuilder issue ; on the other PC, I refused the installation of the latest version.

Thank you for the additional information (and for trying 'Gallery -> New').
Unfortunately, there's nothing that sounds like it might be the reason for your problem and I really do not know why your 'New Gallery' button does not work.

If you can, please try creating a new administrator user account and then installing svBuilder-Pro under the new account to see if it works there. I have a feeling that it might work there but, even if it does, I'm not sure how we can get it working under your original user account. If it does work under the new account, then at least you would be able to run svBuilder on the PC (by switching accounts).

I'm using svBuilder and svBuilder-Pro successfully under the latest version of Adobe AIR (v25) and there's no known compatibility issues with any versions of Adobe AIR.
If you're pretty sure that it was working before the Adobe AIR upgrade, then try completely uninstalling Adobe AIR and then reinstalling it from scratch (downloading the full installer from here).

You could also try installing an earlier version of Adobe AIR (prior to v25). You can download older versions from the Archived Adobe AIR download page.

Another thing to try would be to temporarily turn User Account Control off. This should turn off Virtual Store and ensure that the application's files are being read from their actual location (rather than from a virtual location). I realise that both PCs have UAC turned on and the applications run fine on one PC and not the other but, in the absence of knowing exactly what is causing the problem, I would try anything I could think of that might make a difference.

Steven Speirs