Topic: Gallery display changed suddenly to thumbnails only

I had set all galleries for a website to show the main image in the middle and thumbnails under the image. Now all galleries suddenly changed to thumbnails only, which is not nice for my client. This happend by itself i don't know why.
As the website has a lot of galleries in different folders so each has the same index page name (index.html)
I am not happy having to change manually again all galleries.
Do you have a solution, do you know why it happened?

Thank you for a prompt reply.

Just an example:
http://www.barbaraphilipp.com/galleryOt … index.html

Re: Gallery display changed suddenly to thumbnails only

When I view your gallery in my own browser, I still see the layout you planned (thumbnails below main image).
If you are seeing a grid of thumbnails, then there is likely a problem viewing Flash content in your browser and your gallery is being displayed by the Mobile Player. Please see this FAQ:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?

Unfortunately, many browsers have started to block Flash content by default and there is nothing that can be done from within a SimpleViewer gallery to prevent this. Please see this SimpleViewer blog entry for more information (and details of our alternative HTML 5 image viewer, Juicebox).

You can check to see if Adobe Flash Player is active in your browser by visiting this Adobe help page.

If you see the problem in Chrome, then please try the following steps.

(1) Open Chrome
(2) Click the 'Options' button (the three vertical dots near the top right)
(3) Select 'Settings'
(4) Scroll down to the very bottom
(5) Click the 'Show advanced settings...' link
(6) Scroll down to the 'Privacy' section
(7) Click the 'Content settings...' button
(8) Scroll down to the 'Flash' section
(9) Select 'Allow sites to run Flash'
(10) Click the 'Done' button at the bottom right

Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do to ensure that visitors to your web site have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled in their browsers. At least the Mobile Player within SimpleViewer allows your gallery images to be displayed and viewed. (Prior to the Mobile Player being introduced in v2.1.0, SimpleViewer just displayed a "Flash Player required." message instead of any images at all if Adobe Flash Player was not available.)

I hope this helps to explain what you are seeing.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team