Topic: Updating svmanager

Hello, we run svmanager successfully for several year for creating galleries within our website. Now because of java difficulties it did not work any more. I bought showcase pro inkluding juicybox pro and simpleviewer pro today. Is there a work through which I can easily update sv manager? Or could you send me a downloadlink for the latest version? I think we still use 1.5. Best regards, Claudia

Re: Updating svmanager

I bought showcase pro inkluding juicybox pro and simpleviewer pro today. Is there a work through which I can easily update sv manager?

Please see the Converting from svManager support section which should help you to switch over from svManager to Showkase.

Or could you send me a downloadlink for the latest version? I think we still use 1.5.

The problem with Java within svManager was resolved in v1.8.6 when the Java upload applet was replaced by an alternative HTML 5 upload module. (Please see the Version History support page for a full list of changes between versions.)

If you still have your original download link from your purchase email, you can use this to download the latest version.
Upgrades are free within the same major version number and the download link always points towards the latest version rather than the version you purchased.

If you cannot find your purchase email or your download link has expired, then please fill in this Upgrade Request Form and the admin team will send you a new download link.

For reference, instructions for upgrading svManager can be found here.
However, svManager has been discontinued (for about 3 years now) and I would recommend that you use Showkase now that you have it. It might take a little while to get used to it (and to convert your existing site) as its interface and feature set is different to that of svManager but it is certainly the best option going forward.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team