Topic: Gallery not working only showing thumbnails

Hi this is my site
http://www.gillbradleydesign.com/home/ which shows the thumbnails but but not the slideshow. I have about 20 plus galleries so a big problem. can you help

Re: Gallery not working only showing thumbnails

ps when i try to edit the gallery i get this message "Remote submission prohibited" and when i try to create a new gallery it says this "The CodeMirror editor is not supported by WP-SimpleViewer" ??

Re: Gallery not working only showing thumbnails

... which shows the thumbnails but but not the slideshow...

Unfortunately, Flash is a dying format (Adobe have recently announced that Flash will reach its end of life in 2020) and many browsers have started to block Flash content by default, which is more than likely why your galleries are being displayed by the Mobile Player (which displays thumbnails and main images on separate pages) rather than the Flash Player.
Please see this forum post for a full explanation of the issue.

If you are looking for an HTML 5 alternative to WP-SimpleViewer, then you might like to try out WP-Juicebox (which uses our HTML 5 image viewer, Juicebox, which does not use Flash at all and is therefore immune to all the Flash-related issues that currently affect SimpleViewer).
There is no method to migrate galleries from WP-SimpleViewer to WP-Juicebox (you'd need to recreate your galleries with WP-Juicebox from scratch) but WP-SimpleViewer and WP-Juicebox share a lot of similar code and if you are familiar with the WP-SimpleViewer interface, I'm sure you'll find your way around WP-Juicebox quite easily.

ps when i try to edit the gallery i get this message "Remote submission prohibited" and when i try to create a new gallery it says this "The CodeMirror editor is not supported by WP-SimpleViewer" ??

WP-SimpleViewer does not support the CodeMirror editor (an optional replacement for the stock editor which WordPress uses by default) and cannot enter a gallery shortcode if this editor is being used.
If you are using a CodeMirror editor plugin, you'll need to revert to the stock editor to use WP-SimpleViewer.
If you are not using a CodeMirror editor plugin, then I cannot explain why WP-SimpleViewer is detecting that the CodeMirror editor is in use and I would try reinstalling WP-SimpleViewer to see if this helps.

You might like to take this opportunity to make sure that WP-SimpleViewer and WordPress are both up-to-date.
You are currently running WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.4. The latest version is v2.3.2.7 and it is available only from our own website (not the WordPress plugin repository). You can download it from the plugin's support page here where there are also installation instructions. There have been several bugfixes since v2.3.2.4 (see the Version History for details) so upgrading might resolve your problem.

Also, it looks like you are currently using WordPress 3.5. This version is over 5 years old now and there have been 208 official releases since then so you might like to update your site to the current version (v4.9.1) to see if this helps, too.
If you decide to upgrade WordPress, please be sure to make a full backup of your website and database first, just in case anything goes wrong (going from 3.5 to 4.9.1 should be fine but it is a bug jump) and you find that you need to reinstate your current site at a later date.
Take a look at this forum thread which has some good advice for upgrading from an older version such as 3.5 (essentially, read the links in the thread and upgrade a version or two at a time, checking your site's functionality after each step).

Hopefully just upgrading WP-SimpleViewer will resolve your second problem but if you choose to switch over to WP-Juicebox, then neither problem should be relevant any more.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team