Re: Updating SVAdmin for 1.8 - FF issues

Hi Ben, many thanks for reply.

Well....at your redsplash site you see this:

f you decide to run SimpleViewer in static mode, your installation directory content will probably look like this (that's pretty much the same when you downloaded SimpleViewer from its website):

+ SimpleViewer/
| - flash_detect.js
| - get_flash_player.gif
| - imageData.xml
| + images/
| - index.html
| + thumbs/
| - upgrade.html
| - viewer.swf
If you wish to run SimpleViewer in dynamic mode, your installation directory content should look like this (that's how it looks after you've extracted the contents of the SimpleViewerAdmin archive into the same directory):

+ SimpleViewer/
| - SimpleViewer.php
| - SimpleViewerAdmin.php
| - SimpleViewerConfig.php
| - SimpleViewerConfig.xml
| - SimpleViewerCss.php
| - SimpleViewerEditImage.php
| - SimpleViewerFunctions.php
| - SimpleViewerImageData.php
| - flash_detect.js
| - get_flash_player.gif
| + img/
  | - ArrowLeft.gif
  | - ArrowRight.gif
  | - Delete.gif
  | - Edit.gif
| - index.php
| - upgrade.html
| - upgrade.php
| - viewer.swf

They appear to be your understanding of what should be in the SV directory....is that right?

So do I put all the admin files from your download into the SV folder? In that case I end up with an index.html and an index.php....etc. And I have a top level xml data file while your admin script also creates new xml data files for albums in sub directories.... seems a bit of a mish-mash to me.

Your package isn't just an admin script, is it? Because there's a link to index.php which is meant to show the gallery? although when I click that link it just says "SimpleViewer is not set up!"

As I say, if you take the current SV download ( version 1.8 ) files, how does the admin package work with it?

best regards
Hugh

p.s. I'll take a look at your new script, although I'm not and won't be working with Picasa.

OK, to clear things up - I have nothing to do with the redsplash site. redsplash is where the official SVA resides, the latest version being 1.3, which is only compatible with SV 1.7.

For SV1.8 and SVA1.4b, just add swfobject.js and viewer.swf from SV into a directory with all the SVA files. You don't need anything else from SV.

Hope that helps.

Ben[/list]

View your PicasaWeb albums in SimpleViewer using [url=http://benhughes.freehostia.com/picasaviewer/]PicasaViewer[/url]

Oh, I didn't realise....sorry Ben. Here I am banging on...apologies!

I suppose I was assuming that the admin scripts would come from the same source, although I was a bit perplexed when the 'updated verion' link at Airtight took me to a different site...

OK, will you make it nice and clear anyway :)

thanks, ben.

Hugh

No hassles.

It's a good point actually, I should probably update the readme to say how to install it :)

Hope it works for you now.

Ben

View your PicasaWeb albums in SimpleViewer using [url=http://benhughes.freehostia.com/picasaviewer/]PicasaViewer[/url]

Hi Ben,

well I uploaded as you suggested, the whole of SVA1.4 and just the swfobject.js and viewer.swf from SimpleViewer1.8

After a bit of fiddling with permissions I got the admin to work.

But no matter what I do, if I go Back to Gallery from the link in miscellaneous, it just says Simple Viewer is not set up!

So I can admin but I can't see any gallery!!

Driving me nuts I'm afraid..... :?

Hugh

What's the URL? I'll take a look and see if I can see anything obvious.

Ben

But no matter what I do, if I go Back to Gallery from the link in miscellaneous, it just says Simple Viewer is not set up!

So I can admin but I can't see any gallery!!

Driving me nuts I'm afraid..... :?

Hugh

Me too, does anybody have a solution, if so please can tell me what it is before I also get crazy :shock:

HJ's problem was that he had not set the 'published' field to 'true' for the album he had created.

HTH

Ben