SimpleViewer 1.9 - Picasa Template Instructions
To create a SimpleViewer gallery using Picasa, follow these steps:
1. Install Picasa
If you don't already have it, download and install Picasa.
2. Install SimpleViewer Picasa Template
Download the SimpleViewer Picasa Template here. (NOTE: this is a different file than the regular SimpleViewer download). Unzip and copy the folder to your Picasa web templates folder:
- Windows: \Program Files\Google\Picasa3\web\templates
- Macintosh: Applications:Picasa.app:Contents:Resources:web:templates (To browse inside a package, use ctrl-click and select "Show Package Contents")
3. Create SimpleViewer Gallery
Open Picasa. Select the images you want to make a gallery from, and click Folder -> Export as HTML Page... Select your image size and gallery title. In the Select a Web Page Template page, select SimpleViewer. Click Finish. The gallery will be generated and displayed in a new browser window. Captions added in Picasa will show as captions in SimpleViewer.
4. Edit gallery options (Optional)
Once you have created your SimpleViewer gallery, you can tweak some of the gallery options by editing the generated gallery.xml file in any text editor (e.g. NotePad, TextEdit ). Here is a list of the XML gallery options with their descriptions. Note you should set the 'maxImageWidth' and 'maxImageHeight' to match the dimensions of your largest image.
5. Set your gallery background color (Optional)
To set the background color, edit index.html. Enter the hex color value as the last parameter in the SWFObject code line:
var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#ff00ff");
6. Upload gallery to your web-server
Use the FTP program of your choice to upload the generated folder to your web-server.